Enhancing REServoirs in Urban deveLopmenT: smart wells and reservoir development
Geothermica Project Number 200317.
For clean cities (mission horizon Europe) geothermal reservoirs are prospected to be developed in many urban areas with the intent of replacing fossil fuel fired heating. In many urban areas the development of geothermal reservoirs can be challenging due to suboptimal (marginal) reservoir conditions. The main objective of RESULT is to demonstrate the potential for increased performance by 30-100% of such (marginal) reservoirs for heating in urban areas, with a focus towards the northern EU.
RESULT achieves this by deploying:
1) advanced reservoirs models and uncertainty assessments,
2) best in class well technology options,
3) optimization methods, incorporating drill and learn strategies,
4) reservoir development optimization case studies in different settings in Europe.
5) The innovative procedure and techniques will be used and demonstrated in a field development
This project has been subsidized through the ERANET Cofund GEOTHERMICA (EC Project no. 731117), by RVO (The Netherlands), Rannis (Iceland) and GSI (Ireland).